Monday, July 27, 2009

So...I just got back from outreach this past weekend! The Knoxville girls got to come with us and Kat from England! It was a lot of fun, but very exhausting as most outreaches are!! :) We started the journey out having to switch trucks an hour into the drive because our truck was not taking the hills very well ha. We then arrived at the village when it was dark out and then had to set up tents in the DARK! Ha again!!!! So... while the Jesus film was being shown, we gathered together and prayed for radical encounters from Heaven on each Mozambican life that was there that night. After the movie, we all put into practice our very poco Makua and asked, "una pela ew swalelia," do you need prayer. I prayed for several people that seemed to have head aches and back pain. They each claimed that they were healed after praying... I just pray that they understand it was Jesus who healed them not anyone of us. The remainder of outreach consisted of: hanging with the village kids, praying over land that will soon have a church built on it, playing games, and telling stories with the Mozambican pastors. It was a very sweet time, but one that I was okay to have come to a close.

I have a few prayer requests...Midu, my favorite baby ever, has been running a fever and has junk coming out of his ears. Please be praying for healing on his little body. Two, I am struggling with this whole thing about preparing to come home. On most trips when you prepare to come home you leave within a few days. However, here my heart is being prepared for something that is still a couple weeks away. I want to be all here while I am here, but as I prepare my heart I get into the mind set of okay I am leaving soon... please be praying that I will find that balance of soaking up every second that I have here, but also being able to go to that place of what is next...Thank you so much!!

I love each of you!!! We are doing skits in class tomorrow on our favorite missionary! My roommates and I have put together lyrics to the tune of the puppet show scene in The Sound of Music!! Haha I'll have somone film it so I can share it with you guys!!

Have an awesome week!! I will be seeing you all very soon!! Moluku Orena Waya.. God be with you!

1 comment:

  1. i've thought about you about every day you've been away. i hope you can feel the prayers. i'll be praying specifically that you finish well. i think the hardest thing about going is coming home. i will be praying for that to go the way our Daddy directs. until then, hug and love on midu and i'll be praying for his healing. really. i love you and miss you and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete