Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Preparing for the adventure to Mozambique...

In 15 days Kelly and I will be boarding a plane to Mozambique, Africa!!! As my school semester came to a close, I was able to begin the preparation process for such an adventure. I have gone to the health department to get shots, filled out and sent my visa off, gone to wally world and bought enough granola bars to feed an army, picked out the largest suit case possible, finishing up my reading, praising HIM for His faithfulness in my support, and praying hard that HE will fill me with peace, love, courage, compassion, selflessness, energy, discipline, and an open heart to what He is going to reveal to me this summer.

My heart is doing cart-wheels inside me because I am so excited to go, but at the same time a little nervous of what I am going to witness while there. I can not wait to hold and love on all the children there. I know one thing is for sure, the Lord has blessed me with a compassionate heart for children.

As I have been preparing the song "Lead Me to the Cross" by Hillsong has been my prayer, " Savior I come Quiet my soul remember Redemptions hill Where Your blood was spilled For my ransom Everything I once held dear I count it all as lost Lead me to the cross Where Your love poured out Bring me to my knees Lord I lay me down Rid me of myself I belong to You Lead me, lead me to the cross You were as I Tempted and trialed human Your word became flesh Bore my sin and death Now you're risen To your heart To your heart Lead me to your heart Lead me to your heart!"

No comments:

Post a Comment